simple is beautiful
Simply Photo: snow and crochet
2 ... 2 ...

Monday, February 26, 2007

snow and crochet



wow-it snowed again last night. i have been sick over the last few days, so i have spent a lot of time indoors. it is nice to look out the window and see snow covered trees.

i have been reminding myself of my great grandmother, sitting in every night and crocheting. i was inspired to make some coasters. i love them! i don't know if i should dye them or just keep them as is. i thought about doing a coffee or tea dye for fun.

i also spent some time perusing my new cookbook, the kitchen diaries. everything about this book is amazing. the photos, the paper, the layout, the stories, and the recipes. here is a sneak peek.


the down-time has allowed me to find some beauty i would like to share:

-my favorite oscar dress.
-my favorite marimekko fabrics {the second one reminds me of this}.
-i finally got around to reading this interview. very interesting and inspiring.
-i discovered this photographer while reading the ny times style magazine. he takes photos {or scans} of crushed flowers and other objects on top of photographs to create a new photograph. incredible. you can see a slide show of the photos on the ny times site.
-i also finally watched the science of sleep. lovely little movie. loved seeing the work of laura faggioni.

happy monday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment