simple is beautiful
Simply Photo: happy accident
2 ... 2 ...

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

happy accident

hello friends.

i just wanted to share a sweet little brooklyn story that happened to me yesterday.

on my way home, i was taking some pictures around my neighborhood. i was looking up, shooting a window when i heard a man's voice say, "why don't you take a picture of me?"

so i did.

he introduced himself as santo, a long time brooklyn resident. he said it must be his lucky day and he asked if i would take a picture of one of his sculptures. so, i said sure and went into his house to take a picture of what turned out to be a bust of leonardo decaprio. he said he wanted a picture so he could send it to leo. he showed me all his other sculptures and told me about his life. he was a sculpture at age 18 in italy, but could not make a living at it when he moved to the US. he took it up again at age 74, now he is 79.

he had a great little studio shed in his backyard where i also took his picture. i told him i would bring him the prints and he said he would make me italian coffee. he had a lovely wife who i met as well. things like this make me love my little town.



0 comments:

Post a Comment